Jumper Leads Damage your Vehicle
After a long trip, you get back to your car in the airport parking lot and your battery is dead. You can either ask a stranger to help jump start your car or wait for a tow truck. This situation is not ideal because you are either putting your safety in jeopardy or wasting your time. There have been personal battery jump starters in the past but these older jump starter batteries were made out of lead acid compounds (typically Ni-Cd or Ni-MH), which lost their charge quickly and were heavy and bulky. With advances in lithium-ion technology, handheld jump starters no longer have lower peak cranking amps to keep the design lightweight. Now you can jump start your car all on your own with intelligent lithium-ion batteries. Lithium-ion jump starter batteries offer the following benefits over lead-acid jump starter batteries:
1. Compact Portable Power:
Are you tired of carrying around a lead acid portable jump starter unit that weighs over 10kg? The iTechworld jump starters are lightweight and extremely powerful compared to lead acid units. These new batteries weigh up to 80% less and are up to 500% smaller than their lead acid counterparts.
Not only will iTechworld jump starters get your vehicle going, they also feature USB port(s) for emergency portable power. Now you can charge smart phones, tablets, cameras and more when you are on the go. On top of that iTechworld include a female 12v socket enabling you to run 12v devices such as fridges, TVs and lights directly from the unit.
2. Power That Lasts:
Lithium-ion batteries are purpose built to outlive traditional lead acid batteries. Due to their chemical makeup, lithium-ion batteries have a very low self discharge rate (2% vs. 10+% in lead acid). This allows the battery to be left unused in a car for up to three years and still function properly.
Lithium-ion batteries have a much greater cycle life than lead acid batteries. On average, lithium-ion batteries can be cycled to 80% depth of discharge 1,900 times where as lead acid batteries can only be cycled to 50% depth of discharge 1,000 times. Due to this, lithium-ion jump starter batteries will last 7-10 years compared to 2-3 years for a lead acid battery.
3. The iTechworld Difference:
All lithium-ion jump starter batteries have advantages over lead acid jump starter batteries, the ITECH900a and ITECH400a are the best in class.
• Internal Cell Balancing Circuit – Micro-processor controlled internal cell balancing board in each of its batteries designed to maximize the performance of each cell in the batteries.
• Battery Management System (BMS) – iTechworld smart batteries contain a solid state switch that controls temperature volatility. This switch prevents overcharging and discharging, improving the overall lifespan performance and safety of the batteries.
• Quality Engineering – iTechworld's innovation laboratory prides itself on the design and construction of its batteries utilizing the highest quality components in all phases of design and construction. The iTechworld built-in intelligent components guarantee the safety and quality of each iTechworld product.
• Prismatic Cells – Cylindrical cells only come in certain sizes which limits the possible shapes and sizes of the starter battery case designs. As such, batteries fit for many vehicles may be poor, or impossible as they are too wide or too tall and create internal hot spots. Prismatic cells on the other hand, are rectangular packages which can be freely designed and sized according to the size requirements of the battery case. As such, iTechworld offers perfect drop-in fit in most vehicles along with having better thermal management properties.
4. Digital revolution
The ECUs that control the systems maximising fuel efficiency, traction and safety operate via binary code that relies on a stable voltage from the battery.
Zapping them with a random blast from jumper leads is like shocking a human heart: an interruption of the correct levels and rhythms can be fatal.
Another phenomenon iTechworld readers may not be aware of is ‘injured’ electronics.
That’s when a vehicle continues to function after a conventional jumpstart but then slowly starts to lose its electrical functionality over the following months.
Predictive functions like auto window-winding will stop first before the rot spreads domino-like through the rest of the vehicle’s ECUs.
The smarter and safer way to get yourself out of trouble is to have either an iTech400a or an iTech900a in your glove box. If you have a large diesel you need the iTech900a if you have a petrol vehicle you need the iTech400a.