lithium battery for electric trolling motor boat
An electric trolling motor is a small electric motor, located on the bow or stern, that moves a fishing boat through the water quietly, to avoid scaring the fish away.
An electric trolling motor will operate via batteries. Traditional and heavy lead-acid batteries are commonly used for this application; however, to achieve a longer run time and lifespan iTechworld lithium batteries are heads and shoulders above their massive deep cycle battery counterparts.
Here are five reasons why you need an iTechworld lithium battery for your electric trolling motor:
1. An iTechworld Lithium battery setup will provide double or even triple the run time. More run time means more time doing what you love best, fishing!
2. An iTechworld Lithium battery has a longer lifespan than a standard deep cycle battery, up to 10 times more cycles. You no longer have to repeat the tedious task of replacing your deep cycle marine battery every couple of years.
3. An iTechworld Lithium ion battery can shed weight from your vessel. An iTechworld lithium battery can weigh up to 60% less than lead-acid batteries. Less weight means more maneuverability and speed.
4. An iTechworld lithium ploymer battery works down to negative 20 degrees Celsius and up to 85 degrees Celcius, meaning you can power your boat in the summer and the winter.
5. An iTechworld LiFePO4 has a flat voltage curve; the voltage does not sag as you use the battery. Almost all the power is available right down to the last volt. Normally powering a trolling motor with a deep cycle lead-acid battery, you would only be able to use 50% of the capacity of the battery before the voltage is too low to run the motor. With an iTechworld Lithium marine battery, you can use 90-100% the battery, an iTechworld 120 Ah lithium battery is equal in terms of usable power to a 200 Ah in a lead-acid battery. Some lithium battery packs are created using multiple 18650 batteries, iTechworld lithium batteries utilizes Australian designed prismatic lithium cells which are superior for high amperage draw applications.
View the iTechworld lithium battery range HERE